Quality Assurance Assistant – Raw Materials - Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, the Quality Assurance Assistant will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance systems for medical cannabis in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) and Eudralex Vol 4 Part II GMP guidelines. The Quality Assurance Assistant II is responsible for supporting the company’s Quality Assurance, production, maintenance and facilities departments.
Roles and responsibilities
- Performs QA monitoring in all areas of upstream and downstream production processes and communicates results to respective area stakeholders
- Provides inventory assistance to upstream and downstream production processes
- Assists in quality assurance activities and ensure compliance with Health Canada’s guidelines and Eudralex Vol 4 Part II GMP guidelines pertaining to production, processing, packaging, labeling, shipping
- Ensure compliance with regulations through internal auditing and quality systems by performing audits in production, facilities and maintenance for inventory, GDP, GMP and process quality compliance. Communicates any non-compliances to respective department stakeholders
- Participates in investigation activities associated with problems or failures within the overall quality assurance systems, to analyze root cause, to propose appropriate corrective action, and to document with deviation reporting tools
- Maintaining accurate record keeping and cleanliness of work area
- Liaise closely with colleagues and provides required QC/QA training for all areas of the production facility to ensure efficient resolution of quality related issues
- Monitors process control and QC data trends and reports and non-compliances to standards to respective department stakeholders
- Follow procedures efficiently and consistently in laboratory and production environment.
- Provides support for soil structure and analysis, growing media development, raw material inspection in accordance with Health Canada Regulations
- Provides support to ensure compliance of Change Control System, Complaints System, Validation System and Deviation Investigation Reports (DIR), including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Supports creation of annual Product Quality Review
- Assists quality assurance requirements for production R+D projects
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in a technical discipline required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred) is an asset
- Previous experience in a quality assurance role would be an asset
- Detail oriented and self-directed in execution of tasks required
- Strong critical thinking and leadership skills
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Keen learner, who continually strives to improve their skills and knowledge
- Motivated team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must possess a willingness to learn with a positive attitude; good communication and time management skills
- Chemistry and Plant Biology knowledge is an asset
- Familiarity with Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations is an asset