Project Coordinator - Toronto, ON (1 year contract)
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Project Portfolio Manager, the Project Coordinator has the responsibility to support Product Development initiatives related to capturing market and consumer intelligence, developing new products, product brand management, and consumer technology innovations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support and Make Transparent our Corporate Strategy
- Communicate continuously with stakeholders across departments and divisions to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals
- Project Coordination
- Model the Tilray values - Act with Integrity, Be Steadfast, Care, Collaborate, and Pursue Excellence and serve as an example to others of respectful, precise communications and professionalism
- Coordinate different work groups and business units to accomplish specific deliverables and timelines on strategic initiatives of varying scope and duration
- Create detailed work plans, estimate resources and schedule activities needed to successfully complete projects aligned to stakeholder objectives
- Master process improvement tools and project management techniques employed by the PMO (e.g. Confluence, Smartsheet, PMBOK, stage-gate, The Balanced Scorecard)
- Document and evaluate activities and risks precisely to form leadership decision requests
- Maintain excellent records and act as version control point person on collaborative documents
- Manage change requests collaboratively with the project team
- Spearhead project reporting and be prepared to field questions on project status and roadblocks
- Coordinate and publish After-Action Reports following the close of a project
- Assist with the coordination and communication of the Tilray performance management plan, as needed
- Must have post-secondary education; a degree/diploma in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Project Management, International Relations or Communications desirable; CAPM certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience directly related to planning and project management
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment; strong proficiency in MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Visio an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight, competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategy based on defined corporate goals and initiatives
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently, with minimal supervision on day to day tasks
- Experience in a business environment required, with experience in high growth or startup an asset
- Experience and understanding of basic accounting and financial assessments desirable
- Must have exceptional communication skills: the ability to speak, listen, and write using professional tools and techniques
- Written/verbal Fluency in English. The ability to speak or read/write a second language is an asset; preference given to German, Spanish, Portuguese
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com