Finance Operations Manager - Leamington, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Operations Manager is responsible to provide financial support to financial and operational personnel and assist with the reduction/control of costs while working closely with the facility management to ensure financial metrics are being tracked and measured against appropriately to drive improved results. They will also be responsible for ensuring transactions have been recorded properly and in compliance with relevant accounting standards. This position supports operations staff in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on key financial metrics and KPI’s to provide management with timely, relevant and useful information to allow for cost-effective decisions. The Financial Operations Manager provides financial analysis, analysis on changes that affect prices and profitability of products and supports month-end closing and reporting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review intercompany reconciliations with other entities to ensure transactions have been reflected to the proper site
- Review and Maintain Capital Asset Continuity and documentation and work closely with project managers to compare costs charged against approved budgets and reporting on any variances and capturing ROI’s on capital assets
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Work closely with cost accounting specialists to verify that information used for decision making purposes has been captured appropriately and properly communicated to the various stakeholders for margin analysis on various product initiatives
- Develop and maintain tracking systems, cost analysis tools for efficiency, tools for overhead spending, tools for labour cost and tools for overhead spending.
- Monitor production cost variances and related exception reporting to promptly identify key variances from budgeted costs. Identify root causes and review recommendations with operations management on a regular basis to analyze key variances and develop methods for improvement.
- Work with management to establish and maintain accurate reporting of product costs, margins and similar management reports to improve operations to track against KPI’s.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise for the development of labor efficiencies, rates, overhead and raw materials.
- Review costs on a periodic basis and verify costing estimates for various products are continuously monitored
- Prepare cost estimates of products to establish pricing and production in conjunction with costing specialists.
- Involvement and monitoring of the implementation and execution of cost and inventory controls, including physical inventories and cycle count programs as applicable
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the systems used for reporting purposes.
- Collaborate with the Controller to synchronize financial data and ensure consistency with values to achieve parent company goals and initiatives.
- Assist in developing and maintaining strong internal controls to verify compliance with SOX; involvement in managing internal and external audit requests as required
- Document policies and procedures, and educate employees and team on any changes to such policies.
- Develop and expand accounting team as operations expand and manage team effectively to accomplish goals outlined with Controller.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA in Accounting or Finance. Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA) required.
- Minimum 5 years direct work experience; preferably with experience in a manufacturing or agricultural setting.
- Minimum 2 years Leadership and management experience of accounting staff in a high-growth environment.
- Knowledge of purchasing, receiving, inventory flow required.
- Audit experience preferred.
- Experience with sophisticated ERP systems.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail required with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information within an organization; both to finance and to operations.
- Self-motivated individual who will drive process improvements where needed.
- Advanced knowledge in all aspects of indirect costs, analyses and reporting required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- GMP knowledge and experience is considered an asset
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that High Park does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org