Warehouse Techinician / Operador de Armazém
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Tech is responsible for well-organized and efficient preparation and handling of incoming and outgoing materials. Conducting weekly inventories of regularly stocked items and re-ordering as necessary. Monitoring and ensuring deliveries are made to production facility in the Procurement Managers absence. Ensuring these duties are carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Role and Responsibilities
- Loading, unloading, sorting and moving shipments both by hand and with the use of equipment
- Examining shipment contents, comparing records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of shipments
- Adherence to shipping and receiving policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures, ensuring delivery and routing of incoming goods to the appropriate department/employee
- Preparation of documents, such as work orders, bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials
- Maintain shipping and receiving records, for reporting, accounting and record keeping purposes
- Track shipments, ensuring timely receipt of goods, rectifying issues with damaged goods, shortages and non-conformance to specifications
- Materials that need to be returned based on miss-shipments or damage will be labelled accordingly and placed in a designated location, as directed by the Receiver
- Maintain receiving area, keeping the area neat, tidy, and free of any spills
- Ensure that all materials are identified by Lot # and dated in accordance with the “First In – First Used” program
- Ensure that GMP materials are identified and segregated to ensure their integrity
- Ensure that hazardous materials will be stored in accordance with the Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels are maintained
- Advise departments and business units of lead time required to obtain products or services
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years relevant working experience
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as health and safety rules, shipping/receiving forms, shipping contracts, material safety data sheets, storage and handling recommendations, standard operating procedures, policy manuals
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Applications along with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multi-task while ensuring a high standard of safety protocols is maintained
- Knowledge of material handling (e.g. dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, jacks, pallet trucks, wrapping machinery) with preference being given to a holder of a valid forklift license
- Must be detail and accuracy oriented, cooperative and a problem solver
- Physically capable to stand, walk, bend and stoop to load and unload orders throughout a shift of work.
- Ability to conduct stock re-orders with established vendors
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of work