Production Technician, Production, Nanaimo BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, the Production Technician I will be responsible for successfully learning the Upstream Production Program (Core Skills & Competencies) while working alongside experts within 12-18 months of continuous employment. After six months of full time employment within the production team, the Production Technician I will then be eligible to become a Production Technician II with all the duties and responsibilities that come along with that role.
This position is for a Sunday to Wednesday shift, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Role and Responsibilities
- Taking direction from the Production Superintendent and Production Lead to learn how to prepare for events before, during and after each major activity in the Upstream Production Program
- Learn and understand Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Health Canada Regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) principles, along with Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Learn how to safely and effectively set-up, operate and take-down all Production equipment
- Learn how to wash and sanitize all upstream production equipment
- Learn how to use heavy duty machinery such the potting machine, lift and industrial dishwasher
- Learn how to sanitize and set-up all production materials required for cloning, transplanting, up-potting de-leafing and Harvesting
- Learn how to properly remove waste material such as root-balls, foliar application waste and cannabis waste
- Ability to learn and perform all the "in room" activities
- All other requests that help with process flow of the facility
- Ability to work within a team or unsupervised
- Sweeping, mopping, emptying garbage & recycling
- Restocking gowning stations
- Up hold the company values: Act with Integrity, Be Steadfast, Care, Collaborate, Pursue Excellence
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Grade 12 diploma
- Horticulture experience is an asset
- Experience in a regulated and highly compliant environment is desired (ie. food industry, pharmaceutical)
- Basic computer skills considered an asset
- Capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to understand basic production methods and sanitation procedure
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations