Manager, IT Business Applications, Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director, IT Business Applications, the Manager, IT Business Applications is the person who provides the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques used to achieve project objectives within agreed upon parameters of quality, cost, schedule and constraints for systems that are related to applications that monitor or assist in quality and do not impact General Ledger transactions directly. This position is to work with and guide a group of Business Analysts to support the configuration, implementation and selection of Quality software systems ex. QMS, LIMS. Additionally, this role is to help establish, implement and maintain the Computerized System Validation Program for IT across the Tilray enterprise.
Role and Responsibilities
- Project planning/Tracking/Change Control – Integration and synchronizing project plans; setting up procedures and systems for managing and tracking change across the enterprise
- Scope Management – Defining, breaking down scope of work (Project scope); managing project tradeoffs
- Schedule Management – generating schedules from team estimates, task sequencing, matching resources to tasks, applying statistical techniques, schedule maintenance
- Cost Management – Preparing cost estimates based on team time estimates; progress reporting and analysis; analyzing cost risk, value analysis
- Staff Resource Management – Resource planning, team building, conflict resolution, skills readiness planning (for project)
- Communications Management – Communication planning (team, customer/sponsor, users, stakeholders), project status reporting
- Risk Management – Facilitating, driving team risk management process; maintaining risk documentation
- Quality Management – Quality planning, determining which standards to use, documenting quality criteria and quality measurement processes
- Lead a functional Business Analyst team providing guidance on best practices and mentoring junior members to identify business solutions within the applications related to quality
- Understanding of the Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Guiding Business Analyst(s) in the steps associated with Computerized System Validation in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines
- Will assist or take a lead role in the selection, prioritization, configuration, validation, implementation or project closure of Quality related systems
- Work with other IT divisions to provide guidance and review of Computerized System Validation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- 5+ years experience working with Computerized System Validation (CSV)
- 5+ years’ experience in a Business Application Manager role
- 5+ years experience working within FDA or GxP regulations
- Experience in leading a team of Business Analysts
- A thorough understanding of Quality Systems and Maintenance Systems is an asset
- Formal project management training
- Willingness to work in a highly flexible environment with multiple competing priorities
- Willingness to help guide junior members of the team in best practices