Tilray is a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution. We aspire to lead, legitimize and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates. Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Tilray’s values guide each employee’s work every day. Those values are:
Act with Integrity – we rely on honest, transparent and trustworthy behavior and communication
Be Steadfast – we have an unwavering obligation to our patients, consumers, providers, colleagues and community to be sincere, accountable and responsive.
Care – to achieve abundance in our crops and our lives, we must act with passion, focus and dedication
Collaborate – we believe that none of us is as smart as all of us and together we succeed
Pursue Excellence – we believe in our ability to spark innovation, achieve greatness, and overcome any risk, challenge or failure met along the way.
Reporting to Assistant General Counsel- U.S., Counsel will provide broad support to Tilray’s United States CBD business and to Manitoba Harvest, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tilray. Manitoba Harvest prides itself on the quality of hemp-based foods, oils, and supplements. You will be working alongside and in support of our highly experienced business team and legal professionals. The legal department is a great environment to learn and develop as an attorney.
Your core responsibilities will include:
• Review of marketing, advertising, social media and communications for high growth CPG company
• Counseling to support the development of new and innovative product offerings
• Provide counsel regarding regulatory requirements including FDA and FTC
• Provide practical business oriented advice and counsel on interpretation of laws, policies and contract provisions
• Draft, negotiate and provide legal counsel on a variety of commercial matters
• Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas weighing multiple inputs
• Collaborate with and provide support to other members of the legal team
• Manage work of outside counsel and efficient and cost -effective support
• Support the continuous improvement of legal processes to promote efficiency
• Provide training and guidance on topics of interest and related to compliance
• Undertake Special projects as required to support new business initiatives
• Contribute positively to the culture of the legal team and the company as a whole
• due to the dynamic nature of the industry, the scope of your job may evolve and change by business demands and regulatory/ legal framework.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Law Degree from a top tier U.S. law school
• Minimum 5 years of commercial legal experience
• Consumer goods experience and/ or FDA experience a plus
Who you are:
• Excited to work in a fast paced and intellectually challenging environment
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, to synthesize information from multiple sources, and to follow through and meet deadlines
• Have exceptional judgment with the ability to cope with competing priorities
• You are resourceful and creative in your approach to problem solving
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including ability to brief and communicate complex issues in a succinct manner.
• Focused on pragmatic business advice and solutions
• Professional and collaborative with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with stakeholders
• Positive “can-do” attitud