Laboratory Assistant - Nanaimo, British Columbia
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Manager- R&D, the lab assistant is responsible for supporting the R&D team as an active member. Typically, this position performs laboratory studies as directed by the R&D scientists for the development of new products while maintaining lab instruments and labs. This role will involve interactions with customers, Quality Control, Vendors and production groups.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain lab, equipment and other ancillary materials at state of readiness at all time for scientists to conduct the experiments in R&D Product Development lab.
- Maintain R&D chemical inventory database by procuring raw materials through Acumatica, initiating chemical introduction forms, receiving raw materials from warehouse, assigning inventory IDs, logging materials to Inventory data base, inspecting and discarding expired chemicals periodically.
- Coordinate with HSE team and request for creation of MSDS documents for newly introduced raw materials to lab and filing documents to appropriate binders for record keeping.
- Assist R&D Scientists with Acumatica tool. Request IT for creation of Product inventory ID, BOM ID of Raw material, sourcing API supply from Vault for experiments, perform material and labor transactions and create Lot numbers for lab experiments and stability batches.
- Assist R&D Scientists in creating and printing labels for experiments, stability batches and storage of finished product at appropriate temperature and conditions.
- Assist R&D and Vault in conducting monthly and half inventory counts for reconciliation of experimental bulk products and stability samples and available drug supply with Acumatica tool.
- Assist and coordinate with Analytical scientists and Quality control department with stability samples storage and distribution for testing as per the stability protocol time points.
- Maintain API supply in R&D Inventory and raise Product Order Requisition form with API supply team based on the input from R&D Scientists for upcoming R&D experimental design and feasibility and scale up studies.
- Assist R&D Scientists in procuring new equipment through Acumatica by raising Purchase Orders, following up with Procurement department, completing Equipment instrument forms for procured new equipment.
- Requesting asset IDs and following with TAG team for equipment installation and qualification.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar fields with at least 1 year of experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while maintaining efficiency and effectiveness
- Excellent cross-functional team participation skills.
- Consistently displays a positive, patient attitude and extends respect and courtesy toward Supervisors and peers alike.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with the team, peers, management, and external contacts.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Project, and Excel.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org