Manager, IT Operations - Leamington, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, the IT Manager, Operations is responsible for the effective execution and operation of technology services at mission-critical facilities. A leadership member of the IT team, overseeing site business composition, design, and informational needs as a whole. This includes participation in mid/large projects that enhance the effectiveness of company application systems, ERP, infrastructure BC/DR, and cyber-security objectives. The incumbent ensures the effective handling of user requirements, processes, and procedures to enhance system automation, user adoption, and workflows. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring ongoing onsite technical sustainment, training, and enhancement of all technology services meets SLA metrics and senior management performance criteria. This individual participates in the implementation of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, Health Canada regulatory requirements, and GxP quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead local project teams to define business requirements by interfacing with production teams, analyze operations, determine project scope, document results, document process flows, create procedure manuals for the functions performed.
- Oversee technical meetings to define solutions, functional specifications, implementation plans, effort, identify resources, and schedule activities.
- Implement corporate policies, strategies, and initiatives that guide the planning, integration, deployment, operation, enhancement, and support of Tilray’s technology infrastructure.
- Develop methods to improve business processes, reduce risks, increase controls and/or increase customer satisfaction.
- Determine solutions, workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities, analyze alternative solutions, prepare system specifications.
- Build project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, costs, ERP implementation, support and development.
- Understand business operations and strategy to assess current state, identify gaps, and develop plans to address in a regulated Health Canada and GxP compliant facility
- Oversees strategic initiatives, committees, and projects that advance the Tilray business agenda across the enterprise.
- Single point of onsite contact for the day-to-day operations of the technology infrastructure, ensuring the reliable and efficient use of the ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform), WAN (Wide Area Network), LAN (Local Area Network), VoIP (Voice over IP), and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
- Manage multiple information and communication systems, including Cloud services, data warehouse, security access, video monitoring, and plant controls.
- Provide solution plans for various IT-related problems on the short, medium, and long-term.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make cost-effective recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems to senior management.
- Manages the enterprises technology services organization, consisting of direct reports and indirect reports; including the hiring, training, staff development, performance management and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Oversees effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals; coordinates the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in outage or security events; provides direction, support, and in-house consulting in these areas.
- Identify opportunities to provide technology that will improve efficiency and effectiveness of business deliverable as well as recognize and resolve issues that could impact organizational and operational activities.
- Maintain processes and procedures for managing ongoing requests and services, systems development and project management activities to ensure a timely response with a high level of service.
- Participate in the optimization, stabilization, and capacity planning of Tilray’s information technology and business application systems assets to ensure availability, security, and reliability to support the day-to-day-business operations and management reporting.
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Build relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee service level agreement escalation and contract negotiations.
- Ensure the accurate documentation of all IT services, including network diagrams, cabling layouts, naming conventions, asset tracking, inventory levels, service contracts, process maps, work centers, scheduling, and data flows.
- Communicate and facilitate a commitment to and support for Tilray’s mission, vision, and values
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Information Systems Management, Information Technology, or Computer Science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5+ years of progressive information technology management experience, with a solid understanding of enterprise applications and enterprise information management.
- 6+ years of direct work experience in a manufacturing ERP environment
- 2+ years of infrastructure/operation experience
- Strong overall knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, networking, data center virtualization, storage, databases, and scripting.
- Proficiency with VPN, firewall encryption, network forensics, wireless protocols, and other aspects of network security technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop technology solutions, services, and policies across multiple sites; experience with expansion into multiple jurisdictions within Canada and internationally would be an asset.
- Advanced analytical skills, and knowledge of project delivery framework, application development, and/or program management experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and to collaborate with a diverse group of professionals including technical experts, consultants, and external partners in order to achieve excellence in IT governance and operations.
- An influential leader with strong analytical and problem solving skills, in conjunction with sound judgment, staff management and team building skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences, effective written and verbal communication skills, with high degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations, with effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that High Park does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com