IT Support Technician - Leamington, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations the IT Support Technician is responsible for the daily service operations and maintenance of Tilray’s IT infrastructure. The role provides onsite support to user workstations, mobile devices, scanning and printing peripherals, wireless access points, audio/video equipment, business applications, Cloud services, VoIP solutions, and other technologies. The Support Technician is a key resource for the organization’s Service Desk, technology asset inventory, supply chain, and contributions to small to mid-sized projects. This individual participates in the implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and documentation that are consistent with company enterprise goals, industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Primary onsite resource to ensure effective incident and problem resolution, internal customer satisfaction experience, and interface with management teams.
- Provide tier 1-1.5 triage for enterprise ITSM platform, effectively managing queue for individual and team performance metrics, and building increasingly robust Knowledge Base.
- Support all corporate hardware: Windows/Apple workstations, laptops, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, MFC’s, printers, projectors, and A/V equipment.
- Diagnose and repair technical issues for remote users via phone, email, and remote control.
- Timely asset and supply procurement, control, and disposal in accurately maintained inventory and orderly storage areas.
- Assist corporate network/systems administrators as required on basic functions for all corporate systems: Windows Active Directory, Office365, SCCM, JAMF MDM, Mitel/Asterisk VoIP, Mimecast, RingCentral, Slack, Confluence, and business applications – running both on-premise and Azure/AWS Cloud.
- Assist corporate admin and engineering teams on basic tasks with all corporate infrastructure: Dell SonicWALL, Cisco switching, Fujitsu SAN, ESX VMWare hypervisors and Ubiquti wireless AP’s.
- Identify, triage and resolve technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable in accordance with company SLA targets.
- Coordinate and communicate onsite change activities, impact, and maintenance windows.
- Adhere to established IT processes, procedures, and standards; create and update SOP’s and User Guides as requested by centralized corporate teams.
- Contribute to the development of methods to improve business efficiency, reduce risks, increase controls and/or increase user satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure infrastructure integrity, InfoSec priorities, and ongoing performance metrics.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure, with business justification proposals.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional development opportunities and personal studies off-hours.
- Mandatory availability as an on-call resource evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 3+ years of direct work experience as an IT Support Technician, in VMWare and Microsoft enterprise environment with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- At least one of Microsoft MTA, CompTIA A+, CCENT, equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate experience with Windows Pro 8.1/10, Apple OSX, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Visio 2016, and Microsoft Project 2016.
- Basic experience with Windows Server 2012/2016, Group Policy, PowerShell, System Center 2016, VMWare ESX 6, SolarWinds, Cisco or HP switches and firewalls.
- Familiarity with VLAN, OSFP, BGP, VoIP, SSL, WPA2-PSK, RADIUS, LDAP, IDS/IPS, VPN, and packet sniffing tools.
- Familiarity with ActiveSync, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SMB, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTPS, SSL.
- Knowledge in system and network architecture, design, configuration, disaster recovery, business continuity, storage management, and performance monitoring are assets.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders, with understanding of ITIL principles.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory.
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- A proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision, highly motivated and proactive.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that High Park does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org