Quality Control Coordinator
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Control Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Day to day supervision of finished product and raw materials analysis.
- Tracking of agreed KPI’s, preparation of reports on agreed performance criteria for the QC department, along with the preparation of Ad Hoc reports as required by the QC Manager.
- Ensuring the QC laboratories are always audit ready.
- Adherence of testing schedules as planned in order to meet demand.
- Ensuring the QC laboratories are fully stocked with reagents, consumables and equipped to perform the necessary activities.
- Lead Out of Specification (OOS) and Out of Trend (OOT) investigations by applying initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Elaboration of finished product, raw material and packing material specifications.
- Develop stability protocols and elaborate stability reports.
- Review all data generated or associated with the daily operation of the quality control laboratory.
- Review MBRs.
- Prepare SOPs.
- Report to QC manager about the daily laboratory activities.
- Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Biochemistry
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a similar role within a pharmaceutical QC Laboratory.
- Practical experience of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Experience with laboratory out of specification (OOS) investigations.
- Ability to direct complex scientific investigations and present data in easily understood reports.
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to follow written procedures with accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other company personnel across a diverse workforce.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English.