|Position: Sr R&D Chemist-London|
|Job Id: 944|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, proc
Sr. R&D Chemist
Reporting to the Technical Applications Group (TAG) Manager, the R&D Chemist is responsible for researching, developing, and optimizing methods of producing a variety of existing and new cannabinoid concentrate products. The candidate will work closely with Product Development and Technical Applications Group (TAG) teams on cannabinoid extraction, refinement, and isolation methods, and on new cannabis concentrate product initiatives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform as the lead R&D chemist to develop novel chemical transformations, purification processes and formulations for cannabinoid-based products
• Work with Technical Applications Group (TAG) and Operations to develop and optimize various extraction and refinement manufacturing processes
• Method development for separation and purification of cannabinoids and other cannabis based compounds
• Assist the Product Development team where appropriate for development of novel cannabis-based products and formulations
• Work with the Quality Control department to perform necessary analytical testing of API, intermediates, raw materials and excipients as required for preparation and filing of regulatory documents
• Review and establish specifications with the Technical Applications Group Manager for novel products and processes
• Provide Technical Applications Group Manager with investigational or summary reports on an as needed basis
• Perform routine calibration and maintenance of equipment and daily quality control testing of analytical and/or preparative methods
• Provide cost and man-hour estimates associated with R&D project proposals
• Plan, coordinate, and oversee laboratory analyses for compliance actions, emergency response, site studies, health and safety studies, investigations, and remediation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• BSc. in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or similar technical field. Master’s degree would be an asset
• Minimum 3 years in a relevant role as an R&D chemist. Experience in pharmaceutical setting would be an asset
• Proven experience in synthetic organic chemistry, process chemistry, purification and separation method development, extraction method development
• Experience with scale up of novel chemical methods from lab to pilot scale
• Strong working knowledge of cGMP practices, standard operating procedures, and master batch records
• Must have the proven ability to organize and prioritize work for efficient operations
• Must be able to work cross-functionally
• Substantial attention to detail is required
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
essing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|