Processing Technician - Extracts, Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Processing Supervisor, the Lab Technician III will lead the production of extracted, purified, and distilled Cannabis products (Core Skills & Competencies) while training and developing tech II’s. The Extracts Processing Technician III will aid in the ongoing improvement of Tilray processing systems in strict compliance with Health Canada’s Access to Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR).
Role and Responsibilities
- To work in a culture that supports a philosophy of “Improving Lives Through Medical Cannabis”
- Ensuring the effective execution of processing tasks within established company policy, procedure and requirements (Safety, Quality, Compliance)
- Learning to work at a level of performance identifiable with world class organizations with the goal of continuous process improvement every day
- Understand and adhere to safe lab practices and chemical handling in accordance with SDS and onsite OHS
- Understand, comply with, and train junior operators in lab SWP, SJP, and overall safety awareness
- Responsible for identifying and notifying the processing supervisor of any issues during extraction, refinement, purification, crystallization, and distillation that deviate from the norm or can interfere with product quality
- Complete extraction, purification, and distillation of raw Cannabis products
- Assist with extraction and refinement production activities
- Maintain high quality lab documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and SOPs
- Completing process documentation using GDP
- Daily housekeeping tasks in each processing room and common space within the Facility
- Support and tasks required for process and equipment improvement and validation
- Document test results, and maintain detailed laboratory records
- Perform calibration and maintenance on laboratory instruments as required
- Ensure the proper disposal of all hazardous chemical waste
- Monitor use and inventories of chemicals and supplies, maintain appropriate supply levels
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific field (Chemistry, biochemistry, biology) or technical diploma (environmental or laboratory sciences) with laboratory experience of 1-2 years or equivalent work experience.
- Must have knowledge of lab techniques, terminology, equipment and materials
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with internal departments
- Highly capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Able to interface directly with cross functional teams with a Strong work ethic and positive team attitude