|Position: Cost Accountant|
|Job Id: 1069|
|# of Openings: 1|
Please apply in English
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Cost Accountant is responsible to provide technical cost accounting support to financial and operational personnel and assist with the reduction/control of costs. This position will be key in developing, and monitoring of financial controls to ensure compliance with all SOX requirements. This position supports operations staff in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions and costs to provide management with timely, relevant and useful information to allow for cost-effective decisions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build strong relationship with plant personnel and operations to develop strong understanding of business operations will assist in the monthly accounting activities and product costing
• Primary point of contact for plant and operations personnel on all inventory related accounting matters
• Work closely to provide financial support to other departments and other Tilray facilities
• Develop and maintain all internal controls to comply with SOX and monitor and ensure adherence to all controls
• Assist in quarterly and annual external and internal financial and SOX audits
• Document policies and procedures, and cross-train other Finance/Accounting staff
• Ensure the input of financial data is accurate, correct and complete
• Control monthly inventory counts and facilitate annual/year-end inventory count together with operations department
Daily & Monthly Activity
• Key team member in upgrade to existing ERP system
• Prepare and analysis the monthly Costing Model
• Ensure that all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner
• Perform all aspects of cost accounting including the preparation, review and analysis of product inventory costing, standard costing, overhead allocation, variance analysis and related month end processes.
• Monitor production cost variances and related exception reporting to promptly identify key variances from standard costs. Identify root causes and review recommendations with operations management daily to eliminate key variances.
• Perform technical accounting tasks including the preparation of JE’s, balance sheet reconciliations, periodic closing, monthly accruals and intercompany balance reconciliation,
• Responsible intercompany balance reconciliation, monthly accruals, journal entry logs and and audit binder
• Quarterly inventory reserve calculations
• Work with management to establish and maintain accurate reporting of product costs, margins and similar management reports to improve operations.
• Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise for the development of labor efficiencies, rates, overhead and raw materials
• Assist with ad hoc projects if required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• TOC/OCC designated or within 6 months of completion preferred.
• 3+ years full cycle accounting experience is required.
• Experience with manufacturing, pharmaceutical or GMP is asset
• Experience with ERP systems implementation and design is required
• Advanced competency in Microsoft suite, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail and advanced Excel skills.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information within an organization; both to finance and to operations.
• Self-motivated individual who will drive process improvements where needed.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
• Highly flexible with solid interpersonal skills to handle ambiguities and continuous improvement
• Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
• Attention to detail in all areas of work.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|