Supply Planning Manager - London, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the GM, the Supply Planning Manager is responsible to manage resource capacity load to optimize inventory, service, and total cost while respecting operational parameters.
The Supply Planning Manager will develop and maintain near term and long-term plans to achieve and exceed customer service expectations, sales, inventory, and asset utilization goals. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a “can do” attitude, and will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a team of scheduler to create a cultural awareness around data-driven supply planning process, supply forecasts, production and inventory planning, and fulfillment operations
- Proactively evaluate the supply plan against network and inventory capacity, ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
- Facilitate the material allocation meeting to evaluate inbound materials and specifications.
- Long range crewing and production planning Week 3-16
- Partner cross-functionally with sales, marketing, operations, distribution, and product development organizations to understand short-term and longer-term forecast.
- Facilitate weekly (tactical) and monthly (strategic) supply planning meetings with manufacturing partners.
- Continuously improve communication techniques, methods, and approaches.
- Lead the supply planning function for the company. Working with the operations team, assemble and analyze all supply data and assemble production planning reports to support manufacturing network and warehouse operations.
- Provide input consistent with historical performance and events. Perform adherence analysis using standard, transparent, and periodic methods.
- Daily efficient flow of Inventory to Meet Service and Cost Targets
- Issues crewing strategy (16 week rolling plan) to Manufacturing
- Issues a constrained capacity schedule (16 week rolling plan)
- Develop and own the Inventory Strategy for the Network
- Statistical Inventory Settings and Safety Stocks, EOQ, Max OH, Avg Inventory, etc
- Set Process for Handling of Inventory Exceptions
- Identify Efficiency and Savings Opportunities for the Network
- Manage the Tools and Processes for Daily DRP and Inventory Planning
- Data Exports & Reports and Distribution Order Execution
- Work Cross-Functionally to With Manufacturing, Purchasing, Demand planning and Logistics
- SKU Runouts & Rationalization
- Track & Publish KPIs
- Progressive experience in a supply planning function; preferably in the CPG, food, or cosmetics industry, ~7yrs
- Proficiency in forecasting, supply planning, and inventory management
- Understanding of supply chain KPIs – customer order fill rates, inventory turnover, excess and short-dated inventory management, and forecast accuracy
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and warehouse management policies and procedures, including stocking, distribution, and oversight
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact-based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, production results, and cost modeling
- Experience with ERP (JDE a plus) and enterprise-wide operations planning systems; prior process design and implementation experience strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain background preferred
- Previous experience in direct people management
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org