Project Manager, Operations - London, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, PMO, the Project Manager - Operations supports the initiatives (projects) across Tilray to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals. The Project Manager has the responsibility to champion and caretake Operations initiatives in a broad sense, ranging from creating and maintaining strong compliance processes, achieving robust supply and demand planning, ensuring capacity and supply chain to fulfill demand, and decreasing costs by leveraging technology and optimizing processes.
Roles in Responsibilities
- Under the Program Manager, coordinate different work groups across multiple sites, nationally and internationally, to accomplish specific goals in a project format, tracking deliverables and timelines, such that progress on the project is visible to all
- Actively escalate serious issues with projects in progress, including delays or conflicting use of resources, to enable decision making by leadership team members
- Coordinate appropriate and effective filing to ensure documentation is secure and accessible
- Support colleagues on the use of tools employed by the PMO to enable their successful use of those same tools and encourage the principles of transparency and accountability across the work streams
- Undertake special tasks requested by the Senior Leadership Team as they relate to ongoing projects and preparation of future projects
- Responsible for assisting project members in the successful planning, development and administration of specific project issues. This may require defining scope, estimating labour, technology and capital resources, scheduling resources and measuring and reporting performance
- Supervision of a limited number of direct reports, as appropriate
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary bachelor’s degree
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Project Management certification or working towards designation is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse professional backgrounds, and – at times – located in diverse geographical areas/time zones (via phone and web)
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, time sensitive projects
- Experience and comfort/high tolerance for a fast-paced, changeable work environment
- Ability to cope with minimal supervision for stretches of time
- Ability to travel across Tilray sites: London, Toronto, Nanaimo
- Experience in a business environment required, with experience in high growth or startup an asset
- Computer literacy, required, advanced Excel skills an asset. Experience with project planning software (e.g. Smartsheet) preferred
- Behave ethically
- Experience and understanding of basic accounting and financial assessments
- Must have effective communication skills: the ability to speak, listen and write using professional tools and techniques
- A history of teamwork: cooperatively enhancing organizational effectiveness
- Strong and competent decision making: assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Fluency in English required; ability to speak and understand in other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, French and German an asset
- Model the Tilray values of Act with Integrity, Be Steadfast, Care, Collaborate, and Pursue Excellence and serve as an example to others of respectful, precise communications and professionalism
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com