Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
CV IN ENGLISH
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for inputting payroll in a timely and accurate manner, monthly. Other responsibilities might include assisting with Human Resources and other locations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of Payroll Administration, HR director and Finance Manager, prepare and administer payroll for all company employees on a monthly basis, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy
- Ensure that all salaries and wages are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees
- Handle inquiries arising from questions about payroll
- Process salary increases, bonuses, commissions, employee payroll changes, etc. as directed
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements
- As required, monitor holiday and attendance records for business units
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee income taxes and Employment Insurance, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other financial duties as assigned
- Other ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and education requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred
- Knowledge of payroll systems, and internal controls
- Experience in processing of salaries and other forms of compensation
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Strong work ethic along with a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to manage challenging situations
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills with the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with departments across the organization, key business partners, and government agencies
- Must have strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is an asset
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Application
- Good level of English, written and oral
- Ability to work independently with high degree of autonomy