Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
PLANT RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, NANAIMO, BC
Reporting to the Plant R&D Manager, the plant R & D associate will be responsible for ensuring daily support of research activities in the lab to pilot-scale experiments and working collaboratively across different functional areas.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform required plant research & development experiments in a team environment.
- Experience in Plant Tissue/cell Culture (aseptic conditions), sample preparation, glass jar handling, cleaning and media autoclaving & preparation.
- Experience with molecular biology of plant research, molecular cloning, PCR, primer design, vector construction, sequencing, sequence data analysis, gel running, DNA extraction and purification.
- Laboratory equipment's/instrument operation and maintenance
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site Standard Operating Procedures
- Document experimental results, data analysis, documentation and maintaining the batch records etc.
- Suggest innovative methods of work and improvements to methods and procedures to improve working efficiencies and make use of new technologies. Consult relevant literature in order to obtain background information in relation to experiment being undertaken
- Develop new methods and work on improving the efficiency of existing methods and Standard Operating Procedures as assigned.
- Assist in monitor use and inventories, MSDS, maintaining appropriate laboratory
- Keep up to date with technical advances in Molecular biology of Cannabis
- Perform/Assist investigation on experimental results, instrument malfunctions and methodology problems.
- Must have a minimum of a M.Sc. (Plant Biology, Molecular Biology or Biotechnology) with 1 to 2 years' experience or B.Sc. (Plant Biology, Tissue Culture or Molecular Biology) with 3 to 5 years' experience
- PhD Candidates will be preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with plant molecular biology and/or tissue culture is a requirement
- Experience with method validation, GMP compliance and working creating SOP's
- Must have the proven ability to organize and prioritize work for efficient operations
- Substantial attention to detail is required with any task
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications