|Position: Packaging Engineer|
|Job Id: 793|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Reporting to the Procurement Specialist, the Packaging Associate will work in conjunction with other departments to ensure our packaging processes and materials are optimized and robust. Identifies the three common industry activities that characterize the regular duties of a packaging engineer in any supply chain: New Product Development, Cost Savings Initiatives, Equipment Optimization.
Role and Responsibilities
1) New Product Development
• Collaborate with Various Stakeholders from Cross Functional teams to ensure all key criteria is achieved in the design and the performance of the package
• Project management and communication with packaging materials vendors
• Packaging Design and Development
• Collaborative reviews with key stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Sustainability metric evaluation
• Distribution testing, Specification development and Product lifecycle management (PLM)
• Develop and manage line trials to test new structural design, material or vendor changes
2) Cost Savings Initiatives
• Assess current packaging in the market, generating opportunity to re-evaluate and value engineer costs out of the package and supply chain system. This can range anywhere from redesign project to harmonizing common packaging components across multiple SKU’s to the creation of compliance standards to integrate at a partnership comprised of multiple organizations.
• Conduct tests and evaluations of alternative packaging materials
• Support Procurement in any cost savings initiatives
3) Equipment Optimization
• Addressing equipment downtime, jammed packaging, filling, assembly lines
• Damage reduction as continuous improvement
• Identify and implement new packaging equipment and processes
• Support the global organization when selecting new equipment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Post-secondary education in a related field required
• A minimum of two years prior experience working in a food or health care industry in packaging processing and with packaging equipment
• Ability to work in a results oriented, challenging environment
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft applications
• Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute to company success
• Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
• Ability to take direction and follow all company policies/procedures
• Dependable and punctual
• Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility
• Ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada ACMPR Regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|