High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Edible Quality Coordinator - London, ON
Reporting to the Sr Quality Manager and working closely with the procurement, manufacturing, maintenance and facilities departments, the Edible Quality Coordinator will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety program at the High Park facilities. The Edible Quality Coordinator is responsible to ensure that the company’s objectives for food safety, quality and regulatory compliance meet or exceed Regulatory requirements under the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, Cannabis Act, and Cannabis Regulations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and maintain the High Park PCP (Preventative Control Plan), and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) program which includes maintaining, implementation and verification of procedures, documents, validations, and processes to ensure compliance to regulations.
- Implementing, verifying, and validating regulatory compliance of food safety programs and processes in all areas including, but not limited to, transportation, storage, purchasing, equipment, training, sanitation, pest control, recall, and allergens.
Responsible for reporting and investigating deviations to procedures, systems or standards and implement corrective actions and preventative measures based on deviation root cause analysis.
- Monitor facility integrity, report and communicate deviations to appropriate departments.
- Prepares quality and food safety data for trend analysis and monitoring.
- Participates in validation and verification activities, as needed.
- Ensure all products and materials are sampled and tested in accordance with company specifications.
- Ensure all final product labeling meets the requirements as outlined in the regulations.
- Development of training material and conduct training on food safety for all employees.
- Accountable for preparation and participation in all internal/third party/regulatory audits.
Maintain environmental monitoring program, implement and follow up on corrective actions.
Participate in product recall and traceability processes.
Role will be based in London Ontario but must be willing to travel to all High Park facilities as required (~40% of time)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Science, Food Science, Agriculture, or any equivalent related science program.
- 3 – 5 years year experience in a similar role required.
- Above average knowledge and understanding of applicable quality and food safety management systems standards.
- Experience in creation and implementation of a commercial food safety program including PCP (Preventative Control Plans), and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) mandatory.
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning.
- Possesses a proactive mind set and able to anticipate business risks.
- Possesses a strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of conducting Investigations for quality and food safety related issues.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.