Office Administrator - Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Executive Associate, the Office Administrator will be responsible for management of the day-to-day Company Administration Services. This includes maintaining office services by organizing and coordinating operations and procedures; coordinating and communicating office activities; providing administrative support to managers and key personnel; calendaring and scheduling; travel planning assistance, oversee vendor services and supplies management.
Roles and responsibilities
- Welcome scheduled guests and visitors in person, respond to telephone and email inquiries, assuring that communications are received by appropriate personnel
- Provide various departments with administrative support, coordinate with managers and key leads on special projects, plan and execute internal and external corporate events, as assigned.
- Develop and update administrative systems to ensure efficiency
- Manage meeting room calendars, schedule meetings and conference calls, communicate with attendees, prepare agendas and support materials
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues – submit work order requests and follow up on completion
- Receive facility tour requests, coordinate support logistics and facilitate communications with key stakeholders
- Manage inbound/outbound mail, courier services and other correspondence
- Receive company wide employee business card orders, build copy within web-based service provider, process payment and coordinate recipient delivery
- Maintain positive working relationships with local/external vendors and supply chains
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers, company wide
- Perform accounts payable tasks, manage credit card purchases, process expenses and reconcile monthly statement and create purchase order requests
- Ensure adequate inventory of office supplies, stationery, kitchen sundries, special event materials & equipment
- Coordinate employee continental breakfast program, monitor inventory, purchase supplies, coordinate delivery, restock kiosk stations
- Maintains contact with vendors and service representatives to ensure that supplies and equipment are in stock and properly maintained
- As required, supervise and train Facilities administrative assistant to ensure day-to-day Company Administrative service expectations are met
Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline
3 to 5 years providing direct administrative support in an office setting or in a manufacturing environment
Manage documentation with attention to detail and to act with discretion when handling confidential and sensitive information
Competent in maintaining filing systems and databases, able to implement data and document control processes accurately and in timely manner
Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills are essential, able to establish peer relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, external team members and stakeholders
Class 5 driver’s license with access to personal vehicle
Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications is required and experience with automated expense management applications such as Concur is an asset