Manager Compensation & Systems, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director Corporate HR Services, the Manager, Compensation & Systems (C&S) is responsible for researching, establishing, and maintaining the company's pay system by researching and understanding the current and upcoming competitive global markets for employee total compensation package. The Manager C&S provides leadership to a team who manages the global annual compensation process, benefit renewals (and sourcing benefits for new global locations), and track and report company’s Equity Program. The Manager C&S leads the job evaluation process and is the appeal for disputes, maintains the inventory of job descriptions, maintains position control, and assists the Director with organization design. The C&S team manages the company RRSP plan, liaises with Field HR regarding benefit clarification or problems, and STD/LTD reporting.
- Leads the job evaluation committee to ensure equity in job classification
- Leads the annual, company wide compensation process including variable program, including review of salary bands and range movements
- Manages, along with Finance, the RRSP program
- Recommends benefits programs to the Director by studying employee requirements and trends and developments benefits offered by other organizations globally
- Supports management's decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs
- Identifies benefit options by studying programs; obtaining advice from consultants
- Complies with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Informs employees of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports
- Liaises with Field HR to ensure recordkeeping systems are current; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes
- Provides compensation and benefit education to Field HR, enabling them to respond to employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers
- Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements
- Maintains benefits staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the benefits and department operational budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works with managers to establish organization charts (including head count) and maintain changes for Board reporting
- Provides leadership to HR Systems and Program Coordinator, manage employee relocation, including work permits and relocation packages. The Coordinator also tracks exceptions granted for hour of work.
- Related Degree with CCP designation
- 5 years managing compensation and job evaluation for a global company
- 3 years as a manager leading a result driven team
- Experience with work permits and establishing relocation packages
- Strong attention to detail with an inquiring mind
- Confident and creative to establish solutions for divergent needs
- Excellent communication (including written, spoken and comprehension) and influencing skills
- Embodies our values of Acting with Integrity, Being Steadfast, Caring, Collaborating and Pursuing Excellence