Tax Associate, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Tax Manager, the Tax Associate is an integral member of the Finance Team and will participate in Canadian, US and foreign tax compliance, HST/GST/QST filings, correspondence with CRA/Revenu Quebec on tax related matters, corporate tax payment and instalment management, and other similar work. The incumbent will possess strong attention to detail, data processing and time management skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with Corporate Tax Returns Compliance for Canadian entities
- Prepare quarterly tax provision working paper under US GAAP, including documentation of positions and notes
- Conduct basic to intermediate level research (US and Canadian)
- Work with the Accounting team on tax related matters for inter-company transactions
- Work with Tax Manager to complete transactions, elections and other tax consulting projects.
- Prepare various reports to different levels of government
- Prepare excise tax return for multiply entities for review
- Prepare monthly PST, QST and HST returns for review
- Correspondence with CRA, Revenue Québec and other tax authorities as appropriate
- Draft memos and other correspondence for manager review
- Work with various departments to implement excise tax in ERP
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the tax and finance department
- Provide tax data for annual forecast and budget, and financial statement analysis
- Other tasks as required
- Degree in Business and/or accounting is required
- CPA certification would be an asset
- Two years in Public Accounting and/or in corporation environment
- Experience with Taxprep tax software required
- Excellent data processing skills with strong/advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Keen interest in continued learning and professional development
- Excellent time management skills
- Results oriented, organized, prioritizes workload and takes ownership
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written skills, with acute attention to detail
- Experience with ERP systems
- Advanced knowledge in cost and production accounting