Social Media Manager, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director, Brand Communications the Social Media Manager will work closely with the Director of Communications to support the development and implementation of the overall global communications strategy at Tilray Inc. and High Park. In this role, the Social Media Manager will support multiple aspects of communications and brand activities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and execute a high-impact social media strategy and calendar that increases brand awareness
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and effective execution of creative, powerful social media tactics to support global communications, marketing activities and brand awareness.
- Planning, creating and implementing campaigns which drive engagement and increase audience .
- Developing innovative brand content and stories.
- Engaging communities with content and conversation.
- Analyzing ROI and effectiveness of social campaigns - delivering report on performance and trends.
- Problem Solving and ideation to continuously increase partner and consumer engagement
- Recognize new standards, create new processes and partner to update them as needed.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve the online customer experience and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of social and digital channels.
- Develop a strong and effective working partnership with our agencies, who along with internal senior team sets the overarching strategy and plans. Ensure regular and clear communication on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Marketing or relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 year in Social Media, Public Relations or Communications with some exposure to brand marketing.
- Must have excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presence with the ability to communicate and coordinate with a wide-range of business partners, including senior leaders and agencies.
- Able to demonstrate learning agility, meet tight deadlines and effectively balance competing priorities.
- Must be highly detail oriented with strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be professional, personable, self-motivated and flexible
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Should possess a combination of analytic and creative skills
- Capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast –paced, dynamic environment