|Position: Research Scientist-Product Development (Sensory and Culinary)|
|Job Id: 874|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Research Scientist - Product Development (Sensory and Culinary)
Reporting to the R&D Manager the Research Scientist is responsible for the research and development of cannabis infused edible products for adult use. The role will support all activities required to develop, optimize and scale up formulations into production while adhering to safe practices and to strict Health Canada Regulations and Guidelines.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applies knowledge of sensory and culinary science to understand in a systematic and scientific manner the products that consumers want and to ensure that cost initiative projects maintain the quality of consumer experience.
• Generating scientific research and experimental development data and finding technical solutions at bench-top, pilot facility and production trials
• Using culinary background to investigate functional ingredients and additives in formulations, contributing to innovation and food technology
• Use detailed knowledge of fundamentals and practices of sensory science to organize sensory panels and analyze data
• Prepare prototype of edible and consumer products using specialized equipment, ensuring that formulations meet regulatory requirements
• Standardize and create reproducible recipes for consumers
• Manage R&D Laboratory supplies, instruments and equipment and conduct tests in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner
• Document and perform sanitation of R&D Laboratory space and equipment
• Work in conjunction with quality control lab for determination of analytical data
• Responsible for ensuring stability studies for product development projects are completed to prevent at risk products from entering the market
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in the Culinary Field or Food Science with minimum 5 years in a test kitchen
• Ideal candidate has training in the culinary arts and has used this knowledge in a research and development setting to develop superior food products in a production setting
• Preference given to confectionery and oil development experience
• Ability to learn new equipment and processes quickly
• Previous experience working with cannabis infused products is an asset
• In touch with current and upcoming food trends
• Good understanding of food safety along with the Cannabis Act, Safe Food for Canadians Act, labeling, claims, ingredient functionality
• Deep understanding of sensory, chemistry and microbiology as it relates to food product formulations
• The ability to plan, design experiments, and problem solve
• Ability to learn new products and processes quickly
• Enthusiasm for research and formulating/improving product formulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to summarize scientific data
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|