Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will be will be a key leader for the accounting operations of a rapidly growing company. Responsibilities include preparing and consolidating financial statements, establishing and maintaining internal controls and managing all aspects of the general ledger. In addition to oversight of accounting operations, this role will be responsible for providing technical accounting expertise and development for a high performing accounting team. The Assistant Controller will play an integral role for process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, and standardizing internal control processes.
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintain an in-depth and up to date knowledge and understanding of both US GAAP and international accounting standards.
- Direct the monthly close process, including review of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and analytical review procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Generate consolidated multi-currency financial statements, financial position and management reports and other documents.
- Evaluate and update internal control policies, processes and procedures for activities such as cash and credit management, accounting, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform overall financial statement analytical reviews, variance analysis and review all subjective accounts.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in managing the external auditors.
- Managing the budget to actual review process with key department leaders across the organization.
- Assist with process improvement and automation across all areas of Accounting/Finance.
- Oversee the training and development of finance accounting team, and delegate duties and authority to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- Review financial data on a quarterly basis and consult with VP of Finance and Corporate Controller about problems or discrepancies.
- BA in Accounting or Finance with CPA, CA designation required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Big 4 public accounting firm preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of direct management experience required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required.
- Experience with sophisticated ERP systems required.
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented individual who will drive process improvements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
- Must have ability to travel as needed.