Director, Brand Marketing - Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director, Brand Marketing is responsible for leading our high performance brand team as we build love for our brand and partner internally with sales, operations, communications, legal, and other departments to ensure we are positioned through the value chain to build our brands to be the most loved in the Canadian legal adult use market.
Roles and responsibilities
- Leverage market and consumer insights to define and implement a brand and content strategy that drives awareness, preference and adoption among consumers and customers
- Lead our brand marketers according to our corporate values
- Develop thought leadership content to help build our brand and our leadership voice.
- Work with brand marketing to identify core messaging and develop the big ideas and strategic executions to drive sales and brand affinity
- Participate in the planning of external and internal events, conferences and fairs
- Support the brand team in defining, building our content calendars and partner with social/digital and PR teams on execution
- Support the Chief Marketing Officer on various corporate marketing initiatives including industry associations, department processes & procedures
- Support innovation pipeline process to ensure we have the right products in the pipeline, and those products are launched with excellence
- Regularly audit and measure the effectiveness of our message and content assets to prioritize, define, create, and/or re-iterate content
- BA specializing in Marketing or related field is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience maybe considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of brand marketing experience with direct responsibility for brand and content strategy required
- Several years of experience leading a high performing team required
- Experience in CPG, alcohol, tobacco and/or pharmaceuticals will be an asset
- Strong experience in digital marketing required
- Ability to excel in fast pace environment with competing priorities
- Highly developed and polished written and verbal communication skills. Successfully able to present to and influence management at the VP level and above and are capable of writing and owning large, complex documents.
- Comfortable w/ ambiguity - able to establish strategic direction and implement effectively in a global organization
- Creative problem-solver with a growth mindset; you actively and intuitively find ways to simplify process and improve performance
- Proven ability to recruit, manage, develop, and retain a high-performing team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- You bring an entrepreneurial spirit and are known as a “fixer” – a marketing leader who can establish process and structure where it is lacking