General Accountant - Dusseldorf, Germany
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the General Accountant will be responsible for ensuring revenue transactions are recorded correctly and in compliance with relevant accounting standards. Responsibilities also include managing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function and supporting overall financial reporting along with ad-hoc duties as required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations and assist in the preparation of monthly accounting statements
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and assist in the production of accurate financial reports or statements
- Reconcile intercompany transactions in multiple currencies
- Manage the accounts payable ledger of processing, verifying and reconciling invoices and employee expense claims including completing payments and controlling expenses
- Manage the accounts receivable ledger of processing verifying and reconciling invoices including allocating cash receipts and managing aged debtors
- Assist in the cash management process including reconciliations and weekly forecasting
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Co-manage payroll and special projects accounting
- Maintain Capital Asset Continuity and documentation
- Provide support and financial expertise to all departments
- Keep abreast of federal and state developments, laws and policies that may affect the financial operations of the organization
- Prepare tax reporting returns on a quarterly basis
- Assist in the development of standard accounting procedures and internal controls and policies to improve and secure financial operations
- Develop and maintain accounting files and records
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the ERP system.
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Finance
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
- 5 years relevant working experience is required
- Experience in both practice and industry an asset
- Solid understanding of accounting software (ERP systems including sub-modules)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must like challenges with the ability to problem solve
- Results oriented
- Collaborative with strong ability to influence