|Position: Machine Operator - Food & Beverage Afternoons|
|Job Id: 1017|
|# of Openings: 2|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Machine Operator - Food & Beverage Afternoons
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible to set up, maintain and operate machinery to ensure that production procedures will run smoothly while maximizing efficiency and profits.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Setting up machines to start a production cycle
• Controlling and adjusting machine settings (e.g. speed)
• Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
• Test operation of machines periodically
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent is required; technical degree is an asset
• Proven experience as a machine operator, minimum 1 year
• Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
• Demonstrated understanding of production procedures
• Reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards
• Willingness to learn and improve
• Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
• Analytical skills
• Mechanically inclined
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
• Physical stamina and strength
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|