Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Mergers & Acquisitions Manager, the Mergers & Acquisitions Analyst will provide end-to-end support on Mergers & Acquisitions transactions, strategic investments / partnerships and competitive landscape analysis that will drive fundamental decision making influencing the growth of the company.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in our M&A pipeline and assist in due diligence session and developing / maintain all financial models associated with the transactions
- Support and coordinate communications with prospective businesses from the time of initial contact through to completion
- Play an active role in performing various outbound call campaigns as well as lead generation activities, and in coordinating and implementing due diligence for any potential transactions
- Assist in researching and prospecting new merger and acquisition targets
- Support integration process for acquisitions
- Conduct extensive research and gather information about target businesses
- Take an analytical role overseeing and conducting daily meetings, reviews, metrics, and clear documentation of follow ups with prospective businesses
- Keep up with industry, M&A trends and best practices, constantly imparting them on the the team
- Maintaining databases on comparable companies and precedent transactions
- Stay informed on current and developing legislation governing mergers and acquisitions within the business’s jurisdiction, ensuring that all of the business’s M&A initiatives are within the confines of the law
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field
- 1+ years experience in a related role, ideally coming from investment banking or M&A consulting, experience with excel modelling
- Previous transaction experience is required
- Possess or working towards a designation in a related field (CA, CPA, CFA, CBV etc.)
- Coachable and ability to adapt to a dynamic corporate environment and role
- Must have strong financial and modeling skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Possess global market knowledge, good business understanding, problem-solving skills, and business intuition
- Bilingual (English/French) or fluency in Spanish is considered an asset
- Strong team player as well as ability to work independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills