Mergers & Acquisitions Manager - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
The M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) Manager, reports directly to the Director, Corporate Development and is responsible for managing the full Merger and Acquisition cycle. The M&A manager will build tools, models and reports to assist with corporate decision making. This role will create networks and generate opportunities to grow the business..
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing the full M&A deal cycle including: idea origination, deal prospecting, execution and transaction closing
- Partner with various functional groups across Tilray to identify, champion and execute potential transactions
- For potential targets that are of interest, create detailed business and financial analyses, including acquisition rationale and strategy, diligence and stress testing of management projections, and valuation analyses
- Develop inputs, assumptions, and drivers for analysis and modeling, with input from internal stakeholders, including the Technology, Product, Finance, HR, Legal, and global teams
- Monitor M&A activity in cannabis and adjacent sectors (including liquor & tobacco), understanding and documenting strategic rationale for acquisitions, multiples paid, valuation drivers, potential synergies, and implications for our company
- Synthesize analysis, findings and recommendations into executive presentations for the senior leadership team
- Track inbounds from potential targets and their advisors; understand key attributes of the potential targets, including business models, TAM, customer base and traction, financials, IP and fit with strategic priorities
- Support the development of M&A analysts
- A university degree with excellent academic records, and candidates who have shown development through work experience
- 3-4 years directly related work experience
- Experience in Investment Banking, VC and developed understanding of the venture capital network
- Experience managing multiple complex initiatives within the complete M&A life cycle
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Excellent project management, financial analysis and modeling skills