Senior Manager, Engineering- London, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Regional General Manager the Senior Engineering Manager is responsible for supporting all High Park’s Engineering needs including working closely with the Facilities and Project Management teams with a focus on accelerating and controlling our HP Capex implementations, shorter term automation projects and general site maintenance.
Roles and responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the budget & timelines for Ontario based projects
- Ensure alignment with the Strategic Initiatives team
- Hold timely ongoing meeting with direct reports across all Ontario sites.
- Submit regular project reports to senior management
- Drives Continuous Improvement in our plant operations
- Develops an understanding of the equipment and manufacturing processes
- Supports the use of Six Sigma tools such as DMAIC to solve problems
- Uses LEAN principals to develop creative ideas to reduce waste and cost in the process
- Participates in/leads an interdisciplinary task force for equipment installations or to improve plant operations
- Uses AutoCAD to develop, design, and recommend plant and equipment layouts
- Recommends project justification (Return On Investment)
- Develops facility capacity and utilization calculations
- Utilizes work measurement to determine and recommend correct plant and line productivity requirements and employee staffing levels
- Maximizes plant and line capacities
- Offers sound technical and engineering advice for facilities performance to include Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Leads and manages all facets of engineering functions
- Supports and enforces a culture of accountability and meeting commitments
- Works closely with the Project Managers to ensure the engineering scope for each project is properly defined; risks are clearly identified and with mitigating actions in place
- Creates a strategy for key personnel progression and retention
- Defines and leads the implementation of corporate goals, strategies, and action plans, as they relate to engineering operations
- Defines expectations, assigns accountability, provides feedback
- Industrial Engineering degree or related degree.
- Professional Engineering designation is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in project engineering in the commercial construction field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience maybe considered.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Suitability:
- Construction knowledge - overall understanding of construction process, sequencing and resource management.
- Sound knowledge of construction, building codes, inspections and building techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications
- Adherence and compliance with safety management.
- Excellent project management skills and execution including cost control, quality and documentation.
- Ability to make good timely decisions and able to resolve problems through critical thinking.
- Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office 365, Project 365
- A strong command of the English language
- Proven senior management level documentation and reporting skills