IT Support Technician
CANTANHEDE - PORTUGAL
Tilray is a global leader in medical cannabis research and production dedicated to providing safe, consistent and reliable therapy to patients. We are the only GMP certified medical cannabis producer currently supplying products to thousands of patients, physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, governments and researchers in Australia, Canada, the European Union and the Americas. Our team of PhD scientists, botanists and master horticulturists are leaders in cannabis research and related agricultural sciences. We strive to improve scientific understanding of the potential applications of medical cannabis and have invested in developing continuing medical education programs for health care practitioners around the globe.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients around the globe?
Please apply in English
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Network/Systems Technician is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of Tilray’s IT infrastructure. Spanning Cantanhede manufacturing and office locations, the role will support workstations and mobile devices, scanning and printing peripherals, wireless access points, audio/video equipment, business applications, Cloud services, VoIP solutions, and other technologies. The Network/Systems Technician is a key resource for the organization’s technology asset inventory, supply chain, and for small to mid-sized projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary tier 1-2 resource for enterprise Freshdesk ticketing platform, effectively managing queue for individual and team performance metrics, and building increasingly robust KB;
- Support all corporate hardware: Windows workstations, laptops and tablets, Apple MacBook, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices, MFC’s, printers, projectors, and A/V equipment;
- Diagnose and repair technical issues for end users via phone, email, and remote control products such as TeamViewer and LogMeIn;
- Timely asset and supply procurement, control, and disposal in accurately maintained inventory and orderly storage areas;
- Assist Systems/Network Administrators on basic functions for all corporate servers: Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office365, SCCM, JAMF MDM, Mitel/Asterisk VoIP, and business applications – running both on-premise and Azure/AWS Cloud;
- Assist Systems/Network Administrators on basic tasks with all corporate infrastructure: Dell SonicWALL and L3 switching, Fujitsu SAN, VMWare hypervisors on HP/Dell servers, and Ubiquti wireless AP’s;
- Identify, triage and resolve technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable in accordance with company SLA targets;
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure infrastructure integrity, InfoSec priorities, and ongoing performance metrics;
- Follow established GxP quality principles of change control, document control, CAPA, and systems validation;
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure, with business justification proposals;
- Participate in third-party vendor relationships, SLA’s, and contract negotiations;
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional development opportunities and personal studies off-hours;
- Mandatory availability as an on-call resource evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or an acceptable combination of education and experience;
- At least 3+ years of direct work experience as an IT Support Specialist in VMWare and Microsoft enterprise environment with progressively increasing responsibilities;
- At least one of Microsoft MCP, CompTIA Network+, or equivalent work experience;
- Strong Experience with Windows Pro 8.1/10, Apple OSX, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft Office 2013/2016, Microsoft Visio 2013/2016, and Microsoft Project 2013/2016;
- Moderate experience with Windows Server 2012/2016, Group Policy, PowerShell, System Center 2016, VMWare ESX 6, SolarWinds, Cisco or HP switches and firewalls;
- Basic understanding of VLAN, OSFP, BGP, VoIP, SSL, WPA2-PSK, RADIUS, LDAP, IDS/IPS, VPN, and packet sniffing tools;
- Basic understanding of ActiveSync, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SMB, CIFS, iSCSI, HTTPS, SSL;
- Fujitsu SAN, Private Cloud, AWS SysOps experience, ITIL, and GxP environment are assets;
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory;
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Able to work independently or as part of a team. A proven self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and highly analytical aptitude.