Director, Talent Acquisition - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Tilray is a global leader in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution. We aspire to lead, legitimize and define the future of our industry by building the world’s most trusted cannabis company. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and exceptional benefits for our people. Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
We are searching for a dynamic and energetic Talent Acquisition Director to be based in our Minneapolis, Minnesota US office and manage a global (US, Canada, Europe) team of TA Managers. The Talent Acquisition Director blends strategy and hands-on action to promote our brand and continually evolve our Talent Acquisition team and processes in a way that garners us the best talent and creates an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience. This role requires critical thinking, creativeness, determination, and the ability to independently provide new solutions to challenges. The Talent Acquisition Director must be resilient, personable, and capable of developing exceptional relationships with candidates, hiring managers, executive leaders, HR Business Partners, vendors, and the community. We are looking for someone to lead, guide, and champion our Talent Acquisition team and processes to the next level!
Lead Recruitment team and processes:
- Create a collaborative and inclusive work environment that embraces change and creativity.
- Sets team up for sustainable delivery of key outcomes in a fast-paced, dynamic, global environment.
- Embeds partnership mindset across HR shared service teams (e.g. HRBP way of working).
- Proactively manages recruitment activities in an aggressive and progressive manner; coaches recruiters to successfully achieve objectives and to consistently enhance their recruiting skillset.
- Develops TA metrics that drive optimal staff performance; create and manage a recruitment dashboard including diversity, cost, time, quality of hire, tools, source of lead, ROI.
- Identifies and implement recruiting “best practices” to streamline and standardize processes, drive value, and ensure compliance. Examines each aspect of candidate lifecycle for opportunities to optimize candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Other administrative/department functions as necessary such as setting, monitoring and managing budgets, recruitment data, purchasing processes, and vendor relationships
Develop, monitor, and adjust sourcing strategy, effectiveness and ROI:
- Partners with hiring manager, senior leadership, and HR Partners to understand the talent landscape and define workforce plan, formulate recruitment strategies and execute sourcing plans to identify and attract qualified candidates for interviews in a timely manner, at the most efficient cost. Own the process from start to finish.
- Creates differentiated sourcing strategy based on role data/criticality, understanding of business’ talent needs, and external talent availability (supply/demand).
- Identifies and recommend creative solutions for the sourcing of diverse, technical and professional talent. Develop outreach efforts to support affirmative action goals.
- Establishes, manage and extract value from our supplier relationships; define and measure success criteria using metrics and key deliverables and milestones; drive adoption, optimization, and full utilization of all recruitment/sourcing technology across the company.
Source for Diverse, Talent Pipeline Programs
- Identifies and build relationships within key talent communities, colleges/universities, and other external organizations.
- Leverages social/digital campaigns and sourcing to build, maintain and increase the perceived value of the relationship with people in our talent network.
- Creates and activates diverse talent pipeline programs at intern, early career and director levels; and, internally, for high volume roles that are internal feeder pools for other roles
Leverage Employer Brand & Create Optimal Candidate Experience
- Partner with Corporate Communication on employer brand and leverage across digital and other channels to increase brand awareness and candidate flow. Campaign development, tracking, optimization and ROI.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years of experience leading Talent Acquisition
- Expert in navigating and tracking industry compliance and legal requirements as they relate to recruiting and staffing.
- Experience and comfort in high volume and pressure recruitment.
- Extensive experience digital sourcing and social media techniques/knowledge.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, Workday a plus
- Experience in the CPG, pharmaceutical or digital retail industries.
- Experience with system implementations and/or vendor service integrations (ATS, background screening vendor(s), job posting sites, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience and proven results in recruiting a wide range of positions and levels (skilled labor, hourly, technical, engineering, and corporate functions).
- Experience within a large, global organization (5,000 + employees).
- Experience with hourly recruiting/staffing.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Tilray, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org