High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Health & Safety Officer - Leamington, ON
Reporting to the Global Director, Health, Safety and Environment, the Health and Safety Officer, will be a responsible for managing the maintenance and administration of High Park Gardens Health, Safety & Environmental policies and programs, in accordance with organizational healt
h, safety and environmental standards and legal regulatory requirements. You will take a proactive approach to health, safety and environmental protection in order to drive continuous improvement, and help promote a positive safety culture across our site. Additionally, you will partner with other Health, Safety & Environmental professionals and collaborate to assist in the creation of practices, procedures and policies as together you support Tilray and by extension High Park Gardens management and employees to work towards our health, safety and environmental goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with other Health, Safety & Environmental professionals and all levels of management, and in consultation with the Joint Health & Safety Committee, review High Park Gardens Health, Safety & Environmental policies and objectives to ensure they are appropriate for our operation, which include active construction sites, manufacturing/production site and office environments.
- Ensure that the internal Health, Safety & Environmental practices of High Park Gardens are reflective of current legislative standards and requirements, as well as organizational policies and philosophy
- Monitor, continuously research and stay abreast of new and revised legislation, industry trends and best practices to make recommendations on keeping policies up to date and current
- Assist in the planning of on-site projects with regards to occupational health, safety and environmental protection.
- Support the development of site specific Emergency Response Plans
- Manage the administration of health, safety and environmental tasks
- Lead incident investigations using root cause analysis, documentation and standardized processes, and recommending/implementing effective correction and/or prevention measures
- Coordinate with HR to ensure all health and safety reports are completed and documented in a timely manner, including but not limited to WSIB and OH&S forms
- Carry out both scheduled and unscheduled health and safety and inspections to identify, document, and report existing and potential hazards (near-misses), and recommend corrective and/or preventative measures
- Conduct reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of the health, safety and environmental policies and programs that are in place, and identify gaps and propose solutions
- Support the management and quality control of Personal Protective Equipment
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, delivery and recording of the ‘Health and Safety Training Orientation and Curriculum’ to workers
- Develop health, safety and environmental communication plans and be responsible for ongoing communication of Health, Safety and Environmental Program status, changes, issues, challenges and metrics.
- Facilitate, champion and promote a collective team approach to the reduction and or elimination of occupational health, safety and environmental risks across the organization
- Collaborate with the Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensure the group is working interdependently towards the Health and Safety Program goals and objectives.
- Maintain statistics, records, and monitor incidents, and prepare Health, Safety and Environmental reports upon request
- Maintain and support site leadership in the enforcement health, safety and environmental regulations, policies, practices and procedures on site on an ongoing basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Formal education and/or training in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role required
- Certified Health and Safety Professional i.e. CRSP®/PSAC® or CSSE would be an asset
- Prior experience working in a similar role, preferably in a greenhouse, food, pharmaceutical or construction industry is an asset
- Strong knowledge of the OHSA and other related Health and Safety legislation
- Safety knowledge in Fall Protection, Heat Stress, Safe Lifting and WHMIS
- Knowledge of environmental protection regulations and best practices
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for health, safety and environment on site
- Knowledge and practical experience in incident investigation and site inspections is an asset
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Presentation skills are an asset
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting
- Must have the ability to obtain security clearance status under the Cannabis act and Cannabis Regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.