Payroll Supervisor - International - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Global Payroll Manager, the International Payroll Supervisor will be involved in matters of diverse scope which requires analysis and evaluation of business and payroll compliance aspects on a multi-national basis. In addition to payroll processing and compliance responsibilities, duties will also include involvement in global payroll
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Complies with federal, provincial, state, local and international legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Responsible for preparation of multiple payrolls for the parent company and all subsidiaries. Process and review the calculation of wages, overtime and deductions to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, state and international laws. Coordinate employee wage attachments and ensure forms are filed accurately and timely.
- Participates in monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes by preparing/reviewing various payroll related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll tax reporting and requirements in all global jurisdictions.
- Work with subsidiaries and parent company to research and resolve payroll problems. Identify and implement the appropriate process improvements where needed.
- Document workflow and work procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Payroll Designation, Canadian PCP, CPM or American Equivalent an Asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll (manufacturing experience a plus!) required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Canadian, US, and EU payroll required
- Previous payroll experience in large scale payroll system/software required (ADP payroll, Workforce Now software, and Avalara tax preferred).
- Solid understanding of payroll processes and payroll tax laws (domestic and international) required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to interface with many international sites to establish strong working relationships and cooperation.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, prioritize work under tight timelines, and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion.