|Position: Materials Planner|
|Job Id: 1058|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Materials Planner is responsible for translating sales plans and forecasts into supply plans for production & assembly schedules to meet customer demand. He or she will execute the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze inventory needs based on operational needs and inventory levels
• Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies and evaluate costs and quality of goods or services
• Source, negotiate, contract and execute agreements to fulfill day-to-day business needs
• Liaising with departments, manage project related teams and initiatives and process improvements
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate supply chain activities
• Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact suppliers to resolve issues
• Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and turnover rates
• Provide product, storage and order information to all internal departments as requested
• Stay current with internal and external factors impacting procurement function
• Research and survey buying markets in order to source the most optimal suppliers, in accordance with corporate objectives
• Arrange for payments to vendors for products or services procured
• Prepare, administer and complete bids, requests for quote, and requests for proposal
• Manage service level agreements, scope of work, and contract terms with service providers
• Advise departments and business units of lead time required to obtain products or services
• Make alternate arrangements in the event of shortages or delayed deliveries to minimize impact on the organization
• Ensure compliance with policies, standards and procedures governing the procurement and delivery of products and services for assigned product categories
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management
• Must have 5-7 years practical experience, preferably in a food or chemical manufacturing environment
• APICS, ISM, SCC, CSCMP certification considered an asset
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders
• Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
• Ability to assess a situation; take initiative, be proactive, and propose solutions
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Excellent time and project management skills
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|