|Position: Services and Indirect Material Buyer|
|Job Id: 1059|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Services and Indirect Material Buyer
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Service and Indirect Material Buyer is responsible for focusing on strategic sourcing efficiencies for MRO and services category. This position is responsible for managing the purchase order process for parts, materials, and services that are required by maintenance, production, and office teams to ensure continuity of business operations. He or she will be responsible to source and manage suppliers, pricing and contracts for all MRO and Services spend categories.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees Purchase Order creation and administration on behalf of the Maintenance, Health & Safety, and Security teams
• Generate purchase orders, process purchase order receipts, review invoices against purchase orders
• Compile and analyze major areas of MRO and service categories spend to find cost savings and optimization opportunities
• Negotiate MRO and Service category agreements
• Responsible for developing and maintaining entrusted supplier relationships, monitoring and managing supplier performance for further action where required
• Monitor ongoing adherence of supplier performance, price consistency and quality to supply agreement terms and requirements
• Engage new vendors and establish partnerships to ensure continual supply of parts, materials, and services are available to support business needs
• Using continuous improvement methodologies, adjust MRO category buying process to changes in business requirements
• Monitor frequency of purchases within managed categories and recommend possible options to increase effectiveness of, or consolidate purchasing requirements into most efficient workflow
• Maintain purchasing files including purchase orders, requisitions, receiving documents, and technical data
• Work directly with Facilities manager to co-ordinate third party contractor visits with security and with various departments
• Performs data entry to keep the E-Maint system up to date, this would include managing and closing work orders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Post-secondary education in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years’ Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul (MRO) buying or purchasing/procurement experience
• APICS, ISM, SCC, CSCMP certification considered an asset
• Experience with ERP/MRP processes
• Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally in both written and oral form
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|