|Position: Quality Control Manager|
|Job Id: 1063|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Quality Control Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Quality Manager and working closely with the High Park management team the Quality Control Manager will be responsible for managing timely analytical chemistry testing and reviewing quality control data obtained through validated methods to ensure the highest quality and consistency of High Park products.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures that all testing is conducted in a timely fashion and within approved established framework and that all generated data reflect the commitments to integrity and quality through prompt evaluation of the data generated through testing.
• Recruits and trains staff to carry out functions of the Quality Control Department. Periodically reviews the performance of direct reports with regards to the achievement of goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
• Ensures a high-quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site Standard Operating Procedures
• Review and approve all analytical data to support product testing and release
• Perform calibration and maintenance on laboratory instruments
• Ensure Health and Safety polices are adhered to and the proper disposal of all hazardous, chemical waste is followed
• Monitor use and inventories of laboratory chemicals, consumables, and supplies, to ensure appropriate levels
• Develop, author, implement and revise all Quality Control SOPs
• Develop, author, and maintain validated quality control methods
• Review analytical methods, validation protocols, reports, and method transfer protocols
• Identify areas of opportunity for improvement of quality control methods
• Keep up to date with technical advances in analytical and pharmaceutical sciences
• Stay abreast of current trends in regulatory requirements in the field of Quality Control
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must have a minimum of a B.Sc. (Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biotechnology), preference given to those with a post-graduate degree or industrial certifications (C. Chem or equivalent)
• 3+ years of supervisory or management experience in an industrial or commercial lab is a requirement.
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience with HPLC, GC-MS, and other analytical instrumentation is a requirement
• Experience with method development, method transfer, and method validation is required
• Knowledge of USP standards and Health Canada’s Cannabis Act and Regulations is an asset
• Must have the proven ability to lead and organize a small team, while prioritizing work activities to support business needs as well as efficient lab operations
• Attention to detail is required
• Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications, as well as commercial data acquisition software packages.
• Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status under Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|