|Position: Industrial Engingeer|
|Job Id: 1064|
|# of Openings: 1|
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drives Continuous Improvement in our plant operations
• Develops an understanding of the equipment and manufacturing processes
• Learns and uses Six Sigma tools such as DMAIC to solve problems
• Uses LEAN principals to develop creative ideas to reduce waste and cost in the process
• Participates in and eventually leads an interdisciplinary task force for equipment installations or to improve plant operations
• Uses AutoCAD to develop, design, and recommend plant and equipment layouts
• Researches equipment and selects vendors for new equipment purchase
• Develops facility capacity and utilization calculations
• Utilizes work measurement to determine and recommend correct plant and line productivity requirements and employee staffing levels
• Maximizes plant and line capacities
• Uses ergonomic principles to develop and improve tools, equipment, and work stations
• Offers sound technical and engineering advice for facilities performance to include Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
• Manages all facets of engineering functions:
• Supports and enforces a culture of accountability and meeting commitments
• Works closely with the Project Managers to ensure the engineering scope for each project is properly defined; risks are clearly identified and with mitigating actions in place.
• Creates a strategy for key personnel progression and retention
• Defines and leads the implementation of corporate goals, strategies, and action plans, as they relate to engineering operations
• Defines expectations, assigns accountability, provides feedback
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field with a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher
• 10 plus years related work experience
• Completion of leadership training and or development
• Formal training in engineering management or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with an ERP system is desirable
• Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office 365, Project 365
• A strong command of the English language both verbal and written
• Document writing at a senior management level
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Industrial Engineer is responsible for all engineering activities. In direct collaboration with other departments, this position is responsible for the proper execution of projects within the Engineering department, ensuring that the company meets its customer commitments within the approved budget for each project.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|