|Position: Facilities Manager|
|Job Id: 1065|
|# of Openings: 1|
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for providing direction, leadership, planning, and change management oversight to the building infrastructure, utilities, maintenance, engineering, equipment and Security as well as team personnel.
The Facilities Manager will further be expected to implement, manage and plan for departmental needs through fiscal provisions. This role will include administering, planning/scheduling, managing, directing and controlling the activities and quality of service of the Plant Operations, (not including Warehouse), Maintenance, Industrial Engineering team and Security sections; maintaining responsibility for the operation of the major base building systems (i.e. chillers, boilers, humidifiers & dehumidifiers, HVAC, plumbing, chemical/medical gas, emergency generator, life safety, fire safety, water treatment, DDC, etc.) on a 24/7 basis.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and drive the site commissioning and start up plan
• Utilizes work measurement to determine and recommend correct plant and line productivity requirements and employee staffing levels
• Developing and managing of the facility Operations & Maintenance budget and ensuring that the site’s expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget guidelines
• Creates a strategy for key personnel progression and retention
• Developing and training of staff (including scheduling & developing a preventative maintenance plan)
• Developing, designing, and implementing functional policies and programs that supplement the overall business performance goals based on long-term needs
• Participating in the development of site policies and procedures and overall business plans, short-term and long-term
• Directing services relating to vendors/suppliers, project management, change management, major maintenance and capital repairs/improvements
• Leading and motivating a diverse workforce, ensuring effective teamwork and customer service, providing resolution to employee relations issues, ensuring high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning, and encouraging innovation in others
• Directing the coordination and dispatch for trades and related services across all facilities including internal and contracted resources
• Ensuring contract management of mechanical/electrical and structural/architectural areas
• Ensuring that modifications to the facility are designed to minimize potential for contamination including designs to limit exposure to objectionable microbiological contaminants as appropriate
• Directing and coordinating the preparation of reports and recommendations as required on matters related to areas of responsibility
• Maintaining knowledge of applicable codes and regulations ensuring that they are adhered to in Facilities Maintenance
• Maintaining a set of current drawings for equipment and critical installations. Appropriate Equipment for the manufacturing purposes installed, retain AS Built Drawings and installations Conform to BC Building, Plumbing, and Electrical codes
• Observing that work safe and hygiene practices are being followed during daily site inspections ensuring the safety, quality and compliance of our people, our product and our facility is maintained
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• 5+ years of senior strategic leadership experience in the Facilities Operations field
• Post-secondary education in an applicable field, plus relevant management training and experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Red seal ticket is an asset
• Proven experience as a transformation leader with the ability to build, develop, and drive a strong customer service culture
• Effective decision making ability with a solid understanding of light industrial facility systems based on industry best practices
• Demonstrated ability to lead change within a complex organization, with the ability to manage diverse stakeholder needs and interests and build effective relationships.
• Strong management skills and adept at developing relationships to maximize the potential and commitment of people to achieve outstanding results
• Strong analytical skills, relevant technical capabilities, sound planning skills, and ability to operate as a fully accountable senior manager
• A track record demonstrating strong fiscal accountability, strategic planning and budget experience
• A skilled communicator with the ability to sell new concepts and approaches at all levels of the organization
• Skilled in managing cooperative relationships with regulatory bodies and their representatives
• Knowledgeable with facility preventive and demand maintenance technology systems, ability to provide strategic direction for facility operations
• Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|