Manager, IT Business Applications - Data - Nanaimo, BC OR Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director, IT Business Applications, the Manager, IT Business Applications - Data is the person who provides the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques used to achieve project objectives within agreed upon parameters of quality, cost, schedule and constraints for systems that affect data, including Data Governance, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence. This position is to lead the Data team to develop and assist in integration, data warehousing, and enterprise wide reporting. The person that satisfies this position has a high degree of working knowledge and background in data, including database structure and data architecture.
Roles and responsibilities
- Project planning/Tracking/Change Control – Integration and synchronizing project plans; setting up procedures and systems for managing and tracking change across the enterprise
- Scope Management – Defining, breaking down scope of work (Project scope); managing project tradeoffs, at times with the assistance from the Director, IT Business Applications or Project Managers/Project Coordinators.
- Schedule Management – generating schedules from team estimates, task sequencing, matching resources to tasks, applying statistical techniques, schedule maintenance
- Staff Resource Management – Resource planning, team building, conflict resolution, skills readiness planning (for project)
- Communications Management – Communication planning (team, customer/sponsor, users, stakeholders), project status reporting
- Risk Management – Facilitating, driving team risk management process; maintaining risk documentation
- Quality Management – Quality planning, determining which standards to use, documenting quality criteria and quality measurement processes, this includes conformity to regulatory bodies such as GMP, CSV, and SOC.
- To provide guidance in determining best practices within the organization in regards to all facets of data
- Development of internal Data team KPIs
- Ensure the data is protected from security breaches and data losses
Education and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in a Data based Managerial position
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required; complemented with Data Management, Data Analysis, or Data Statistics course work/certification
- Experience in a business analyst role is an asset
- Experience taking complex business requirements and providing a business solution to meet the requirements
- A thorough understanding of databases and data structure/relationship is pivotal to this role
- Experience with cloud based data warehousing and Tableau
- Experience or certification of project management is an asset
- Willingness to work in a highly flexible environment with multiple competing priorities
- Willingness to learn the business Applications and harness experience to help guide junior members of the team in best practices