Innovation Coordinator - Toronto, ON
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the Global Director of Insights & Innovation, the Innovation Coordinator has the responsibility to support the Stage-Gate monthly process and routines. They will also build trusted relationships with internal departments contributing to the Innovation and Stage-Gate process and engage them regularly for required information. They will ensure the senior Gatekeepers have the latest analysis and understanding of the projects in the innovation pipeline based on the reports they will produce. The Coordinator will conduct analysis and research to help identify trends and validate new ideas as a part of the short and long term innovation pipeline. The Coordinator will also help support event management for Marketing and Innovation (conferences, workshops, team events).
Role and Responsibilities
Plan, Execute and Manage the Stage-Gate Meetings:
- Take control of the existing stage-gate monthly calendar, ensuring adequate time and set-up is provided, plus monitor departmental representation each month
- Track all active stage gate documents, review for accuracy, flag missing information and pursue any required updates
- Capture all follow-up notes, actions and identify departmental responsibility from each meeting
- Socialize all output reports, and follow-up correspondence, from the monthly meetings to the responsible parties
Ensure changes and updates to active projects, timelines or processes are captured and reflected in the Stage Gate reports:
- Coordinate different work groups and business units to accomplish specific deliverables and timelines on requirements for stage gate documents. Identify weaknesses in the system where information is blocked or lacking
- Maintain excellent records and act as version control point person on stage gate documents
- Ensure the stage gate documents are captured, summarized and distributed on time
Support Marketing on Innovation related insights and trends:
- Support brand marketing with identifying insights from custom and syndicated reports
- Support custom research conducted on innovation concepts and new categories (assist in market research briefs, setting up research with suppliers, setting up research debriefs)
Support Marketing & Innovation for Managed Events:
- Throughout the year the Innovation and Marketing teams will engage in workshops, team events or planned managed events with consumers or customers. The Coordinator would be responsible for helping to organizing locations, agendas, food and beverage arrangements, and potential logistics for travel and accommodation.
- The Coordinator will also help with sourcing materials for the events
- Must have post-secondary education; a degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Project Management,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience directly related to project management, coordination
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment; strong proficiency in MS Excel and MS Project
- Excellent attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight, competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and strategy based on defined corporate goals and initiatives
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently, with minimal supervision on day to day tasks
- Experience in a business environment required, with experience in high growth or startup an asset
- Experience and understanding of basic accounting and financial assessments desirable
- Must have exceptional communication skills: the ability to speak, listen, and write using professional tools and techniques