Integrated Pest Management Lead - Leamington, ON
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Reporting to the IPM Supervisor, the IPM Production Technician Lead will be responsible for successfully leading the Upstream Integrated Pest Management Program including:
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervise and Mentor 5-12 IPM Production Technicians in collaboration with and in the absence of the IPM Supervisor
- Fostering and role modeling a positive attitude; outlook, willingness to learn and contributing to company success in their teams
- Ensuring the effective execution of facilities tasks within established company policy, procedure and requirements (Safety, Quality, Compliance)
- Train, coach and mentor employees to work at a level of performance identifiable with world class organizations with the goal of continuous process improvement every day
- Identify and communicate with the IPM Production Supervisor
- Lead and implement SOP and GMP compliance
- Lead how to safely and effectively set-up, operate and take-down all sanitation equipment
- In the safe and effective execution of all IPM duties for Production in accordance with established company policy safety, quality and compliance values
- Consistently evaluate worker safety, quality, SOP compliance and schedule status
- Act as the main point of contact for all Growers to discuss and prioritize the weekly crop maintenance activities in the absence of the IPM Supervisor
- Pre-plan work events and input metrics
- Lead De-leafing and Pruning activities in relation to IPM action tasks
- Lead regularly scheduled IPM applications
- Greenhouse sanitation
- Track culls and record in Cannabis waste sheet, Production Batch Record, and Crop Log
- Assist in the development and revision of departmental SOP’s
- Cover Holidays and perform all IPM tasks in the absence of the IPM Supervisor
- All other duties as required
- Must have High School diploma
- Able to determine and prioritize proper team size per activity
- Supervisory experience considered an asset
- Able to lead a group of individuals and provide feedback on their tasks
- Maintain a positive outlook and willingness to learn and contribute to company success
- Maintain confidentiality and attain necessary skills/competencies
- Able to take and give direction and follow all company policies/procedures
- Must have an awareness of company needs and foresee potential problems
- Dependable and punctual
- Positive contribution and personal commitment/responsibility to a respectful workplace
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.