IT Audit Manager/Senior - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director of internal Audit, the IT Audit Manager is responsible for independent assessment and evaluation of risks, internal controls, processes and management practices related to information technology. This role will provide the opportunity to combine your technical, auditing and people skills to effectively advise and support the enterprise on risk related matters. You will join a dedicated and motivated team with exposure to multiple lines of business within.
Roles and responsibilities
- Execute audits that primarily deal with technology in the areas of IT infrastructure, processes, applications, operations, security and emerging technologies
- Manage the end to end audit lifecycle – planning, execution, reporting and follow up
- Provide lead audit and advisory support for fast paced major systems implementations across the enterprise
- Use data analytics to increase effectiveness and efficiency of audit coverage
- Ensure compliance to policies, standards and procedures according to departmental and enterprise requirements
- Provide input and recommendations to audit management in developing a risk based annual audit plan
- Provide advisory services to business management on issues related to IT risk assessment, controls and governance
- Participate in special investigations related to Information Technology and system configurations, as required
- Work on initiatives to increase the effectiveness, value and reputation of the audit department
- Undergraduate degree in an Information Technology related field such as Computer Science or IT Management
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- The preferred candidate may also have one or more of the following designations: CIA, CISSP, CISM or CPA
- 5+ years of working experience in IT Internal Audit and/or consulting practice with a strong risk-based audit foundation
- 3 or more years experience with a big 4 accounting firm in internal audit, advisory, risk, or compliance would be considered an asset.
- The candidate must have strong technical knowledge of IT platforms, operating systems, network services, security, privacy and business applications
- Experience with data analytics or an analytical mindset
- Experience auditing large enterprise IT implementations with knowledge of project methodologies, project controls and ability to effectively work with cross functional project teams
- Knowledge of Audit assurance, governance and control frameworks such as COBIT, NIST and ISO, Service Organization Controls (SOC) Reporting standards (e.g. CSAE 3416, Section 5025, AT 101) sufficient to interpret and apply IT risk and control concepts
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills with the ability to form an opinion on risks, controls and impact to business
- Ability to present complex information clearly and influence the outcome through effective verbal and written communication
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate strong working relationships in a team environment is a must