Security Officer - Casual, Nanaimo, BC
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic, and motivated Security Officer who wants to be a part of a team that is passionate about our products and the success and growth of our business. Reporting to the Security Supervisor, the Security Officer will be responsible for the safety and security of all Tilray employees and company assets.
Role and Responsibilities
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of: intrusion, unauthorized access, suspicious occurrences, diversion of product and other security related issues
- Responsible for investigating and acting as security agents on behalf of Tilray
- Responsible for the monitoring of the Security Management System (video surveillance, intrusion and access controls)
- Responsible for responding to all security and first aid events
- Follow established policies and protocols to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Respond to Facility alarms, investigate and record disturbances
- Identify theft/diversion and take the appropriate action required by law and company policy
- Monitor Facility access to prevent unauthorized trespasses on Company property
- Provide 24 hour First Aid as an initial responder for all Facility patrons
- Participate in scheduled Security meetings
- Must adhere to the protocols and guidelines of Ontario Private Security and Investigative Services Act
- Monitor and identify all incoming and outgoing employees and visitors to the site.
- Participate in training seminars in all operations areas
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have Basic Security Training License/ valid Security Worker’s License along with a valid Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level II and CPR certification
- One year experience as a Security Officer
- Experience in a customer service setting is an asset
- Attention to detail in all areas of security operations
- Must be able to effectively follow and give directions
- Highly effective teamwork skills in conjunction with strong conflict management skills
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications and a working knowledge of security management systems and applicable operational programs, including access controls, intrusion systems, and video surveillance systems would be an asset.
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations