Senior Financial Analyst, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and managing KPI and management reporting, act as finance business partner for departmental projects, as well as assist in the preparation of budget and quarterly forecasts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Perform variance analysis, monthly and quarterly packages with detailed commentary for management and executives
- Develop and prepare relevant reporting that measures performance of the department’s objectives and initiatives.
- Collect relevant information for monthly accounting close, forecast updates, and annual budgets by working closely with the business units, and continuously driving improvements in the associated processes;
- Support the development of annual and long-term strategic plan for the global business.
- Identify, recommend and implement improvements to financial planning and management reporting processes, to align to global FP&A best practices.
- Collaborate with business, finance and accounting teams to help analyze, align and report the key business drivers
- Provide support for special projects including developing financial modeling and robust business analysis to highlight financial implication and support key decisions.
Qualifications and education requirements
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (finance, accounting, business); accounting or related professional designation required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant and progressive experience in finance including planning, analysis and building financial models required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment and manage well through ambiguity;
- Experience with multiple currency reporting required
- Proven ability to partner with various business functions
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required