Master Production Planner, Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director in Canada, the Master Production Planner will work with multiple production sites in Canada to develop and implement sound inventory practices, develop medium and long term production and packaging plans.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with the demand planning, customer service, distribution, sales and marketing staff to best determine customer’s demand and schedule production accordingly.
- Plan the volume of production at multiple sites across Canada in order to meet customer demand
- Proactively identify risks to supply and resolve before customers are impacted
- Work diligently with the demand team, marketing, sales and operations to mitigate risks and propose solutions
- Interact with Marketing, Sales teams, Demand Planning, Procurement, Operations and Suppliers to implement medium to long term supply plans at the SKU level.
- Introduce and maintain sound inventory management processes
- Uncover the root cause of supply chain issues/variances and develop action plans to resolve issues
- May be involved in preparing purchase orders to obtain products that are co-packaged by other manufacturers
- Undergraduate or higher degree in engineering, business, or science preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in supply chain (master production planning, detailed operational scheduling, inventory management, labour and constraint resource planning) required
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) from APICS preferred
- Understanding of CPG industry and its key measures of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to use ERP and WMS systems. Knowledge of Acumatica is an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel and other MS-Office tools required
- Detail oriented, analytical, problem solver with a comfort level for ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to challenge status quo, influence and drive for change and results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to multi task and work to deadlines in a fast-paced and at times ambiguous requirements.
- Highly developed analytical, quantitative and data analysis aptitude.
- Sounds knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.