Human Resources Coordinator - Toronto, Ontario
Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the Director of HR, the Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for providing a consistently high standard of Human Resources administration. The Human Resources Coordinator provides departmental support to the Toronto HR team; and provides support for the recruitment and selection of staff and other department functions.
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintain manual and computerized information file systems
- Assist in Managing the applicant tracking system for vacancies that are currently advertised
- Prepare and maintain records of requisition, advertising and all recruitment transactions
- Prepare new employee files and file papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Draft routine correspondence, reports, job descriptions, employee agreements and other documents
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Prepare materials for new employee orientation sessions, staff development and other employee communications as assigned
- Assist administrators in providing various employee information while ensuring that all personnel information is current
- Understanding and educating staff regarding benefits plans and being responsible for its administration
- Prepare application, vacancy, and job fair materials; ensures materials are available for visitors; sends materials to applicants as requested
- Conduct prescreen interviews and reference checks for prospective employees
- Assist with the recruitment and interview process whenever needed
- Track the status of candidates and follow-up with them at the end of the recruiting process
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the EVP, Human Resources.
- Make photocopies, fax documents and perform other organizational functions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Human Resources or relevant field required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience within HR preferred
- Working towards CHRP designation is an asset
- Demonstrable ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Takes initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Gains new knowledge of applicable legislation in new jurisdiction as company expands