Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting in to the Vice President of Finance, the Controller will be responsible for overseeing all areas of accounting and financial reporting in the US, including accounts payable, inventory/costing, payroll, revenue recognition, tax compliance, budgeting, financial reporting, audits, and related policies and practices. This position ensures accurate and timely records and reports, and implements systems, procedures and controls to maintain the integrity of all financial data.
Roles and responsibilities
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including processing of transactions, accurate and timely reporting of financial data and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation, analysis and presentation of all internal and external financial reports, statements and tax returns/filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with management to establish and maintain accurate reporting of product costs, margins and similar management reports to improve operations.
- Prepare cost estimates of products to establish pricing and production.
- Monitor cost and inventory controls, including physical inventories and cycle count programs
- Maintain Capital Asset Continuity and documentation
- Analyze financial details of past and present, and build financial models for expected operations to identify development opportunities.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets, lending technical and analytical expertise for the development of labor efficiencies, rates, overhead and raw materials.
- Provide direction and assistance to employees performing accounting, inventory/costing, payroll, general ledger, budgeting and financial reporting duties
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the ERP system.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Finance and Corportae Controller to synchronize financial data and ensure consistency with values to achieve parent company goals and initiatives.
- Provide training to the accounting personnel to develop their skills to meet future needs of the company.
- BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' direct work experience in public and industry accounting; preferably with experience in a manufacturing and agricultural or pharmaceutical setting.
- Minimum of 3 years' leadership and management experience of accounting staff in a high-growth environment.
- Start-up company and/or SEC public company experience an advantage
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC requirements required.
- Experience with sophisticated ERP systems required
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail required with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information within an organization; both to Finance and Operations.
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented individual who will drive process improvements where needed.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.